WARNING DO NOT PREPARE OR CONSUME THESE IN A ZERO GRAVITY ENVIRONMENT
1 cup water
2 T butter, soft but not melted
1 egg, beaten
3 1/4 cups bread flour
1/4 cup sugar
3/4 tsp salt
1 T regular active dry yeast
3/4 cups brown sugar, packed
2 T cinnamon
1/4 c melted butter
1. Mix yeast into water, keeping water around 120 degrees F. Add sugar. Let rest/proof five minutes then stir well.
2. In mixing bowl, mix the dough ingredients only into the yeast and water mixture.
3. Knead until well blended, then place in greased bowl and cover with cloth, and place somewhere warm. (Top of fridge, etc.)
4. Let rise for 60-120 minutes until size has doubled.
5. Grease a 9×13 pan. Mix filling ingredients, stirring until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
6. Knead dough gently to remove some of the poof, then roll out on clean surface to measure about 15″ x 12″.
7. Spread filling evenly over entire surface. May add chopped nuts or raisins if desired.
8. Working from the narrow end, roll dough over and over creating a “log”.
9. Slice into about 12 “rolls” and place these in pan such that you can see the spiral of dough/filling.
10. Let rise an hour, preheating an oven to 375 degrees F.
11. Bake in oven 20-30 minutes until golden brown. Make a glaze as follows:
Mix a cup powdered sugar with 2T milk and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla or almond extract, as preferred.
Buon appetito! Mangi, mangi!