Probably the easiest way is by email: cidneyswanson at gmail dot com But you’re also welcome to tweet @cidneyswanson or visit my facebook author page https://www.facebook.com/cidneyswanson
What books have you written? What are you working on?
I’m pretty much always working on the next book, lol! So far, I’ve got the seven-book Ripple series, the six-book Saving Mars series, the six-book Thief in Time series, the three-book Shadow of Mars series, and a standalone, Siren Spell.
My book group is reading one of your books. Do you have discussion questions available?
I’ve got discussion questions for Rippler, below. If your book group is reading something else, reach out to me, and I’ll be happy to send questions.
- Describe Sam’s friendship with Will. How does it change as the novel progresses?
- What challenges does Sam face at the beginning of the story? How do these change (or recede) as the story progresses?
- Many of the characters in the novel have experienced death first-hand (within their immediate family.) Some have not. How are these two groups (those who’ve known death and those who haven’t) different from one another?
- The children in the black book experiments experienced the death of their fellows. How would you surmise that this has affected them?
- What central theme (or themes) in the novel did you find most interesting?
- Non-literal invisibility is central to this book. Trace Sam’s journey from the novel’s beginning to end.
- At Illilouette Creek, Mickie is furious at Will for sharing what he knows. Is her heart in the right place or not? How about by the book’s end? Has she changed?
- How does the writer use the device of the journal entries to tell the story? What do these entries accomplish?
- Compare and contrast the lives of Will and Sam. How do two such different people come to be friends? What one thing do you think each would value most highly about the other?
I am a book reviewer/book blogger and would like to request a review copy.
Send an email to me at cidneyswanson at gmail dot com. Please include your website URL and your name when you email me. Thanks!
Will you help me with my homework (writing about your book, interviewing an author, etc)? Will you give me writing advice?
Unfortunately I can’t help with homework or I’d never get the next book written. But you can look through my blog to find bits of writing advice, and the discussion questions above might give you a few ideas if you need a paper topic for a book report. And if you are a book blogger, you are welcome to request an interview or guest post.